Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Graduation



I know I am a week late but I went out and purchased Kanye's newest album today, I had heard the whole thing awhile back as it has been leaked for a few weeks now. It looks like Mr. West out-sold Mr. 50 Cent in the battle of hip hop heavyweights taking top billing in album sales with both albums dropping last Tuesday. I am very impressed with Graduation, standout tracks include Stronger whose Daft Punk's sampling makes it a true listening pleasure, Good Life featuring T-Pain is also a hit, and finally taking a page out of Jay-Z's last album Kanye collaborates with Coldplay's Mr. Chris Martin in Homecoming. All in all I would give it a 4.5 out 5. Here is the tracklisting:

1. Good Morning
2. Champion
3. Stronger
4. I Wonder
5. Good Life Feat. T-Pain
6. Can't Tell Me Nothing
7. Barry Bonds Feat. Lil Wayne
8. Drunk and Hot Girls Feat. Mos Def
9. Flashing Lights Feat. Dwele
10. Everything I Am Feat. scratches By DJ Premiere
11. The Glory
12. Homecoming
13. Big Brother


If you are wondering the album artwork is done by Takashi Murakami.

0 comments: