Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Little Boots at The Perez Hilton Party: SXSW 2009

I had a chance to see Little Boots for the first time during SXSW(actually I saw her twice). I would have to say that I am now officially a fan of her work. I saw her my first night in Austin at the Levi's Fader Fort party, I was having some camera difficulties at that point which ruined the mood to some extent. I knew she was playing a slew of shows throughout the week and would have to catch her at some point. We made it out to The Perez Hilton Party just as the sound crew was prepping her stage, with press pass in hand I made my way to the photo pit to get some awesome pics. Her set was nearly identical to the one performed at The Fader Party earlier in the week. Little Boots commanded the stage with such poise and confidence, you would never have known she had played several shows throughout the week. The surprise of the night came when Mr. Perez Hilton himself came on stage and introduced a special guest who caught Little Boots by surprise. It was none other than Kid Cudi himself, for those of you that don't know Little Boots did a cover of Kid Cudi's song "Day n' Nite" which has been circulating all over YouTube for a couple weeks now. You could sense the nervousness of the two as they began their collaboration, but soon after it was all systems go. The duo played the song flawlessly as if they had performed it nearly a thousand times in the past. Also check out the video courtesy of ultra8201.


IMG_2059
IMG_2145
Cudi and Little Boots
IMG_2212
For more pics CLICK HERE:

0 comments: